Subterra Protection Board – RADON Barrier
Subterra Protection Board product is EPS (HS) rigid foam sheathing faced with a polypropylene woven fabric on both sides. The insulation is made with either EPS (expanded polystyrene) or GPS (expanded polystyrene containing graphite). Subterra Protection Board provides exceptional RADON Barrier protection when installed according to our Installation Guide.
- Prevents the ingress of radon – 7 times more radon resistant than 6 mil polyethylene.
- Replaces 6 mil polyethylene membranes as the air and vapor barrier.
- Provides a water-resistant barrier – resistant to over 2 feet of standing water.
- Continuous insulation reducing heat loss through the slab.
- Flexible, resilient and durable against heavy loading and construction traffic conditions – will not warp.
- Provides a safe, non-slip, surface.
- Quick and simple installation – saves time and labour.
- Light in weight and easily cut to fit any space.
Products made with GPS provides up to 18% more R-value than conventional EPS.