Terrafoam EPS Rigid Insulation
is our white EPS rigid insulation board available in Type I, II and III as well as high strength (HS) varieties including 30 and 40 psi compressive strength. Terrafoam Rigid Insulation products are produced from inert closed cell expanded polystyrene (E.P.S.) and have excellent resistance to freeze/thaw, zero capillarity, low moisture absorption characteristics, zero off-gassing and zero loss in R-value over time.
Terrafoam EPS is a cost effective rigid insulation board manufactured in a wide range of sizes and densities that will meet Building Codes and specific application requirements. Terrafoam does not contain CFC’s or HCFC’s, is non-toxic, hypo-allergenic and will never rot or support mold and mildew. Terrafoam EPS Rigid Insulation is available in standard 2ft x 8ft and 4ft x 8ft sheets and from ½” to 48” thickness. Custom sizes are also available.
Terrafoam EPS meets or exceeds CAN/ULC S 701
- Type 1 – 70 kPa (10 psi) Compressive strength
- Type 2 – 110 kPa (16 psi) Compressive strength
- Type 3 – 140 kPa (20 psi) Compressive strength
Special note: Terrafoam HS-30 and HS-40 may provide “best service” for demanding geotechnical service as well as any other application where large panel sizes, thickness or very high compressive strength would be beneficial.
TERRAFOAM is also more effective at lower temperatures, R-Value increases as temperatures decrease.
- Perimeter insulation for grade beams and foundation walls.
- Under concrete slabs on grade
- Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Above-grade insulating sheathing under stucco and siding
- Masonry Cavity Walls
- Roof Insulation, flat and sloped applications
- Coolers, Freezers and Ice Arenas
- Floatation applications
- Hot Tub Covers
- Packaging, protection, container linings
- Custom fabrications and applications